Who we are
Our website address is https://drweld.co.uk. Also referred to as “DR” or “DR Weld” and additionally in parts of this document as “we”, “us” and “our”
What we collect and store
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes, shipping and spam detection
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and of course send you the order.
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 5 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses. We do not store payment information, ie, your payment card details.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
What we share with others
We share information with third parties who help us provide our orders and store services to you; for example, Paypal to process payments and couriers to deliver your orders. We will never sell or distribute your details for any other purpose except to process and service your orders from our website.
On our website we currently accept payments through PayPal. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information. We do not store any card details processed through our website on our systems.
How we protect your data
Just like our customers, we hate getting spam, therefore we operate a strict no spam policy and will never send unsolicited emails, letters or marketing materials to any users or customers of our website unless they’ve specifically signed up for our newsletter on our homepage. Consent for this can be withdrawn at anytime by you either by clicking the unsubscribe link or by contacting us via email, telephone or post.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. To request this please contact us using the details on the contact page of our website.